Skip to main content
PetDB Release Notes
- Minor bug fix.
- PetDB download statistics tracked dynamically.
- Bug in display of enstatite values fixed.
- Cruise ID web service created.
- Minor bug fix.
- Enhanced search statistics by exclusion of bot and crawler IP addresses.
- Improved display of selection criteria in search.
- Allow sample names with hashtags.
- Bug fix of overlapping buttons in search.
- Bug fix of sample returns from map search
- Search by Sample Name or Sample ID now includes and option to search by IGSN.
- Display of multiple age values in data tables has been improved. Ages determinations show as discrete results, with age units included.
- Downloaded files from the reference information page are now named "Author_Journal_Year_table#.xls", rather than "data.xls."
- Station info page now includes the most precise set of geospatial coordinates for each station, rather than all coordinates from all references in PetDB.
- Search now has improved options for inclusion analyses, including the ability to search for mineral, melt, and fluid inclusions.
PetDB version 2.8.6 (June 11, 2015): New Features and Bug Fixes
- Search by Sample Name or Sample ID now includes options for "equals," "begins-with," and "ends-with." instead of just "includes".
- Sample information page URL now uses the sample_id as opposed to the internal database sample_num.
- Enhanced Search statistics for internal use and development.
- Improved book reference citation display.
- Improved page number display for references.
- Bug fix to avoid duplicated inclusion data in the table information view.
PetDB version 2.8.5 (January 22, 2015): New Features
- Deprecated the database field "data_entered" and updated the use of "status" instead, in order to better inform users of "In Queue", "In Progress", "Completed", and "Alert" papers.
- Added a new section for "Alert" papers in the Reference return list, which notifies users if a paper was considered for inclusion in PetDB but was determined to be inappropriate or lacked the necessary metadata.
PetDB version 2.8.4 (November 25, 2014): New Features and Bug Fixes
- Updated code to prevent SQL injection attacks.
- Updated map display on sample map page.
- Bug fix to disable hyperlinks on expeditions that are "Not Provided".
- Bug fix to correct the spelling of "longitude" in downloaded result spreadsheets.
- Bug fix to correct parsing of institution names.
- Bug fix to unlink "comment" icon when it does not lead to a new page.
PetDB version 2.8.3 (October 28, 2014): New Features and Bug Fixes
- New display of mineral inclusion data.
- Update of the institution information in preparation for migration to a new schema.
- PetDB diamond and xenolith data are now shown in the IEDA Data Browser.
- Improved statistics on the search page to better track user behavior and guide new developments.
- Bug fix on the Sample Info page to correct some mis-aligned data.
- Bug fix to correct the display of samples on map view for certain samples.
PetDB version 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 (August 28, 2014): New Features and Bug Fixes
- New quick access button to the growing xenolith data collection.
- Modified Diamond search now defaults to Mineral analyses instead of Bulk Rock (because the vast majority of Diamond data is on mineral analyses).
- Link dynamically to expedition info with cruise ID.
- Improved map projection for better display near the poles.
- New dynamic link to select PetDB vocabularies (on Vocabulary page)
- Improved display of sample classifications by showing all classifications on a sample and which reference that classification came from.
- Added display of "In Progress" references in the Reference tab, allowing PetDB users to preview upcoming data related to their search query.
- Bug fix to display some missing data in the inclusion data table of the Sample page.
- Bug fix to point popup links to the correct station on the Sample map page.
- Bug fix to display missing data on the Reference Info tab.
- Bug fix to remove dynamic links to the cruise where the cruise was "Not Provided"
- Bug fix to remove duplicate "Alteration" comments in sample view.
PetDB version 2.8.0 (March 7, 2014): New Features
- Quick access button on the search page leads to the new Diamond collection.
- Improved format of the PetDB Sample Info page ad Search Results page.
PetDB version 2.7.0 (October 22, 2013): New Features
- Direct link to the MGDS Cruise Catalog and additional information about the cruise is displayed on the PetDB Expedition page for cruises that are in the MGDS catalog.
- New tabs for Station Info, Sample Info, and Reference Info on the Expedition page, replacing the old buttons for pop-up windows.
- Updated the GMRT (Global Multi Resolution Topography) base map to the latest version.
- Improvements to the performance of Tag-Along data downloads, including bug fix to maintain the "Tag Along" selection when 'Next Page' or 'Previous Page' is clicked.
PetDB version 2.6.2 (August 16, 2013): New Features
- Several bug fixes related to Tag-along data: issue with "session expired" message fixed, pagination issue fixed, and improved Tag-along options that depend on the user's initial selection.
PetDB version 2.6.1 (July 29, 2013): New Features
- Tag-along data downloads to obtain additional chemical data (majors, traces, or isotope ratios) for a user's initial sample selection.
- New feedback path from the data download page sends a comment about a PetDB reference to the PetDB managers.
- New Analysis Comment field gives additional analysis metadata.
- New layout for Select reference list data page, including notification of "In Progress" papers.
- Bug fixed in PetDB Map search - now negative numbers are allowed in Chrome and IE.
PetDB version 2.5.0 (April 5, 2013): New Features
- User can click and draw a region of interest on the map search.
- MGDS GMRT (Global multi-resolution topography map) is now the basemap for Sample Info, Station Info, and Result View map pages, providing more detail of sea floor topography.
- Data entry status and comments are displayed on the PetDB Reference page.
- Users may download an excel spreadsheet of a single reference showing all data entered for the reference. Once a Publication (Reference, Author) search is started and results are shown, the button is under "Download Reference -> Excel" in the "Select Reference" display.
PetDB version 2.4.0 (January 14, 2013): New Features
- Melt inclusion options have been reinstated.
- Analysis comment information is displayed on the search result page.
- The look and feel of the data availability page has been updated.
- Bug fixes for search queries on 'SPEC', clinopyroxene and orthopyroxene. Bug fix for incorrect information on Station display page.
PetDB version 2.3.3 (October 12, 2012): New Features
- Backend has been modified to accommodate Deep Lithosphere datasets - Rock Mode data are merged with rock data.
- Sixteen Deep Lithosphere references are displayed in this version
- Added tool tips for acronym of method, material, mineral and item type
- Bug fixes for incorrect character display and station comment display
PetDB version 2.3.2 (July 12, 2012): New Features
- Session timeout increased to allow download of larger datasets (avoiding "Session expired" message)
- More improvements to performance when downloading large datasets
- Search page URI length bug that caused application crash has been fixed
PetDB version 2.3.1 (June 12, 2012): New Features
- Location precision display fixed in the Station Information Page
- Improved Sample Information View from the GeoMapApp portal
- Google Map display bug in Internet Explorer fixed
- Pop-up box for Pre-compile information no longer triggers page reload on closing
- Display of Stations with multiple latitudes and longitudes in the database fixed
PetDB version 2.3.0 beta (April 12, 2012): New Features
- Sample and station information in PetDB now includes the International Geo Sample Number IGSN as a unique identifier. If an IGSN is available for a sample or station, it will be shown on the Sample Info page and Station Info page, respectively, and in sample/station lists. The IGSN links to the object profiles in the SESAR sample catalog.
- All search pages now feature a button for 'Start New Search'.
- Publication DOIs are included on the Reference Info page and links to the publication.
- The sample information page is redesigned and includes a clickable Google map.
- The station information page has been redesigned and now includes a Google map, station name, sorted sample table, and identification of start and end points if applicable.
PetDB version 2.2.3 (January 11, 2012): New Features
- The search and retrieval of Inclusion Data has been fixed and is added back to the 'Select Data' page. Users now can select between MELT INCLUSION and FLUID INCLUSION data.
- The sample list and result table now display rock classification (for example, 'basalt', 'gabbro'), rather than the rock type code.
- Radio buttons for selecting materials are disabled and greyed out if no data is available for the selection.
- The default setting of the 'Select Data' page has been changed to have no material selected. Available chemical parameters will only show once a material is selected.
- Users now are alerted to make a selection between 'Individual' or 'Pre-Compiled' analyses.
- A SUBMIT button has been added at the bottom of the 'Select Data' page.
- A bug with the 'back' button has been fixed.