May 2011: Data Submission Templates [link] have been posted to help authors submit their data to the GfG systems. These templates are customized for different analytical techniques (electron microprobe, mass spec) and materials (bulk sample, mineral, melt inclusion, vent fluid) and help authors to document their data according to the recommendations of the Editors' Roundtable. Authors can also add their own fields to the templates. Instructions and suggested vocabularies are included in these .xls workbook templates.
The full list of templates is posted at the EarthChem website: http://www.earthchem.org/data/templates.
June 2010: Announcing new features of the EarthChem Portal
- SedDB data now available: Geochemical data for marine bulk sediments from the SedDB database (www.seddb.org) are now accessible at the EarthChem portal.
- Search by Geological Province EarthChem
- Hierarchy for search by sample type
- Search by volcano name
Sept 2009: The EarthChem Portal has been upgraded with new functionality!
A new version of the EarthChem Portal has been released that features the following new functionality:
- Search by sample age;
- Search by material type: select between BULK rock data (Whole rock/rock/glass/groundmass), WHOLE ROCK/ROCK data only, GLASS (volcanic glass) data only, and GLASS/INCLUSION data only;
- Search by CIPW normalized composition
- Access to 'Affiliate Data': Searches at the EarthChem Portal now will return links to geochemical data in the GANSEKI database, the Deep Seafloor Rock Sample Database of the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC). GANSEKI is an Affiliate of the EarthChem Global Data Network.