EarthChem Library Release Notes
EarthChem Library version 3.6.0
- Changed submission workflow to incorporate funding award number entry into the data submission web form, reducing potential barriers to submission.
- ECL submission form now allows entry of multiple funding awards and funding sources (NSF, NASA, and Other).
- Improved validation of NSF funding awards, using NSF web service, rather than internal harvest of award subset.
- All datasets submitted to the ECL are now required to receive a DOI. This was previously suggested, but not required.
- Updated disclaimer pop-up page upon dataset download to include clearer guidance on how to cite ECL datasets.
- Improved the display of latitude and longitude in search by map.
- Improved navigation upon logout from MyECL.
- Styled ECL search, submit, browse, and MyECL pages to fit with new EarthChem website style.
EarthChem Library version 3.5.1
- EarthChem Library dataset DOI records are now automatically converted to another metadata standard, known as ISO.
- Several small bug fixes.
EarthChem Library version 3.5
- EarthChem Library DOI records have been updated to DataCite Metadata Schema v.4.0. This update has allowed inclusion of additional metadata, including IGSNs, geospatial coordinates, and funding awards.
- Automated DOI XML record generation and registration process, maximizing efficiency for ECL data curation.
- Automated generation of author notifications to periodically send to users with dataset download statistics.
- Automated updates to ECL download statistics plot at https://www.iedadata.org/community/usage/.
- Implemented DOI XML record web service.
- Added new tables (cruise mapping, submission relationship, person external identifier, keyword) to the ECL database.
- Added XML support for database.
EarthChem Library version 3.4
- User download statistics, including email, IP address, and submission ID, tracked internally in the ECL database, rather than in an external system.
- Restyled download disclaimer page.
EarthChem Library version 3.3
- Implemented map search.
- Enhanced database schema by adding a new table to store geometry information, modified existing schema to link IGSN with geometry information.
- Generated several scripts to backfill all geometry and IGSNs into database.
- Generated script to automate IGSN and geometry loading.
- Bug fix to ensure correct datasets returned during search by IGSN.
EarthChem Library version 3.2
- Ability for a user to save a session if a submission is incomplete and finish at a later time with the "Save Progress" button.
- Implemented Search by IGSN on the Search page, which returns submissions with a given IGSN.
- Improved author/person search to handle the combination of first and last names instead of just one or the other.
- Aligned the search functionality on the admin and public interfaces
- Admin interface improvement - align display of file names
- Schema improved with respect to dataset lists, coauthor lists, and status definitions.
- Bug fix for Chrome browser when file download includes a comma
- Improvement to data type selection on webform - pulls from the database, and type "SocialScience" added.
EarthChem Library version 3.1
- Added web service to connect EarthChemLibrary to the Elsevier Science Direct web site.
EarthChem Library version 3.0
- Updated to PostgreSQL 9.3.5
- Improved security of database changes
- Improvements to admin interface - auto generated DOI notification and .json file
- Added dynamically generated "How to Cite this Data" to each dataset profile page
- Backfilled original name of legacy files where possible, giving a more descriptive file download name.
EarthChem Library version 2.5.2
- Improvements to Thomson-Reuter metadata generation
EarthChem Library version 2.5.1
- Added option to save Thomson-Reuter metadata to XML file
EarthChem Library version 2.5.0
- Improvements to admin interface: file add, replace, and remove
- Improvements to admin interface: additional metadata edit functionality
EarthChem Library version 2.4.0
- Ability to upload and download multiple files
- Added search by datatype
- Added browse by related synthesis database
- Enhanced author entry